Here's another recipe from our own Diva Donna!
Get the Meat from the freezer and loaf pan out of the pantry and find some BIG PICKLES!
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dill pickle juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground
- 1 slice bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 pound lean
- 1/4 cup chopped
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Beat the egg in a mixing bowl. Whisk in the onion, pickle juice, salt, and pepper. Stir in the bread until soggy, then mix in the ground beef until evenly combined. Form into a loaf and place into the prepared pan. Stir together the chopped pickles, ketchup, water, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce; pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).