Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tasty Tuesday Creamy, Fruity Greek Yogurt!

In the mood for something creamy, delicious, and relatively non-fattening?

No, Alicia. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about yogurt. Since I've been having to avoid the sweet stuff as much as possible, I've missed having yogurt on occasion. True, they make a fat-free or light versions, but they're still loaded with sugar.

I bought some Stevia in the Raw a while back, thinking I'd use it in lots of things. It's sweet, natural, and all that good stuff. Unfortunately, sugar isn't the only bad ingredient in most desserts, so the bag sat around, unopened, for a long time.

Then I discovered fat-free plain Greek yogurt. If you've never tried it before, it is thicker and creamier than regular yogurt, and can pass for sour cream without any trouble at all. No cholesterol, very few carbs, and plenty of protein. I bought a carton of Dannon's plain Greek yogurt and added some raspberry extract. It wasn't bad, but I missed the pieces of fruit.

Then one day, I bought some strawberries. I used to make jam all the time, and nothing I've ever bought in a store can compare with the homemade variety. I miss it. I miss the smell of strawberries on the boil, pouring it into jars, and listening for the pop when the lids seal. Since I can't eat it anymore, I've stopped making it. But I hit on the idea to chop up the strawberries (about a cup), add 2 heaping tablespoons of Stevia in the Raw, stir it up, stick it in the microwave, let it boil for a minute or so, and see what happens. I let the sugar-free "jam" cool in the refrigerator, and then added it to the Greek yogurt.

OMG!!!! It's thick, creamy, fruity, sweet, cool, and delicious!!!! Plus, it's fat-free and the only sugar is what's in the fruit!

Since then, I've tried it with blueberries and raspberries, but I still like the strawberry the best.




















Enjoy your Tuesday!

19 comments:

  1. Looks like Alicia's already been at him. Good work girl!! He's yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, hello hunk! *Licks lips*

    That yogurt sounds amazing Cheryl. I need to find a yogurt I like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY! Today's hunk is super yummy! Looks like I've missed a lot of posts while I've been gone. I LOVE playing catch-up! The hunks from Saturday and Sunday were very cute! I'm feeling a little hot... ;D

    The healthy yogurt sounds like a good recipe. I need to try that idea out with some peaches.

    I'm still reading SLABP and lovin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I think you're right, Mary!

    Have fun with him, Ana. He's got some nice hunky buns too!

    Welcome back, Noelle! I love peach yogurt! I'll have to try that next! Glad you're enjoying the hunks and SLPB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what happens when you put the handcuffs on me BEFORE I get your undies off!

    You're right, Mary G. He is yummy indeed.

    Cheryl, you got me. Whetted my appetite for the other cream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so funny. Usually I have to think about what to comment. As soon as I saw the pic I thought of you Alicia LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Justin reminds of the movie commercial where the girl says the guy's abs look airbrushed :) Very hot!!!

    Try adding about a tablespoon of wheat germ to a cup of your fruity yogurt, Cheryl. It'll taste like cheesecake **insert orgasm here**
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I eat it all the time!! Creamier the better!! I don't want to have to get it all stirred up. I want it ready when I am.
    Oh come on!! I'm talking about Greek yogurt!!! Yoboni(All natural) is my favorite Greek. I'm sitting here now with a bowl of Yoboni blueberry yogurt with fresh cut up strawberries, a few raspberries, blueberries, a handful of Special K for the crunch for my Yogurt parfait. i never thought to make a microwave jam. HMM!!
    And Mercy, This HAWT scene needs to be in a book not just in our heads. I just love it. RAW, Creamy and Delicious, not too sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Mellanie. Wheat germ = cheesecake? Who'd have thunk it?

    LOL! Justin will know better next time, Alicia!

    Your parfait sounds scrumptious, Donna! I'll have to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary G, thank you so much! I take that as a complement when it comes from a Yah Yah!

    OMG - did anyone else see the little "+" sign after you click on the photo? I clicked the "+" to zoom in on his handsome schlong and... I believe I see some "Alicia yogurt" left there. How did I miss that the first time? Sluuuuurp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL Alicia. I'm pretty sure that if I'd noticed that the first time then I wouldn't have thought of you because I know you wouldn't leave any traces.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now, I DID say that he was here to provide the "other kind of delicious creamy stuff" didn't I?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry I've been sorta MIA... Finished edits, then got final read through for Captivated (releases on Monday, August 1st!!!)

    LOVE today's picture. He's mucho macho, and I like the tease of the sorta there tightie whities. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cheryl - Indeed you did. Right on, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of you Cheryl Brooks fans!! If you haven't read her The Boys in the Band story from The Sextet Anthologies, you're missing some of her best work!! Just sayin'...

    http://www.bookstrand.com/dirt​y-dancing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on finishing the edits, ER!

    LOL! Thanks for the shout out. The Dirty Dancing story is one of my favorites. I LOVED those guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Damn, Justin is such a turn-on with all that torn underwear and essence everywhere. First thing I did was "enlarge" his photo but I know from the past that it's possible with almost every hunk that Cheryl presents:) Today made everything particularly spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL! Some of them enlarge better than others!

    ReplyDelete