This recipe is a favorite of the kids. It came from my Mom. When I bring it for potlucks and football parties.. It's a big hit. Al ot of kids big and old don't like Green peppers. So this one fits them better. It's fine for a Private party too with your favorite hunkster. I decided to add a little wine and Miguel's Buns. What's Sloppy Joes without great BUNS Enjoy!!
TASTY NEAT SLOPPY JOES(Serves 8)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 hamburger buns
- Place ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until evenly browned, stirring to crumble. I like to use a potato masher to even out the lumps. Add onion and celery, cover the pan, and cook until tender and transparent, about 5 minutes. Drain off any grease.
- Stir the tomato soup (undiluted), ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce into the beef mixture. Season with salt and garlic powder. Heat to a simmer over low heat, and cook until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently to prevent it from burning on the bottom.
- Spoon the hot beef mixture onto buns, which may be toasted first, and serve.