Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Chicken and Yellow Squash Casserole

I returned from the weekend in Peoria for Writers on the River to find my garden hadn't taken the weekend off. This was what was waiting for me on Monday morning. 


I haven't posted a new recipe in ages, but this one was so good, I thought I should share. I based it on my Hamburger Zucchini Souffle recipe, which uses saltines instead of stuffing mix and added the cream of chicken soup. I could only take a picture of a single serving this morning because most of it is gone!


Chicken and Yellow Squash Casserole

 

Ingredients:

1 (12.5 oz) can chicken, drained

2 cups grated yellow squash

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 cup shredded cheese (Colby Jack)

½ tsp salt

1 (6oz) box of Stove Top stuffing (chicken flavor)

¾ cup evaporated milk

2 eggs

½ tsp poultry seasoning

½ onion, grated

4 Tbsp melted butter

Directions:

Mix all together and bake in greased casserole dish at 350 for 45 min to 1 hour until set and edges lightly browned.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment