This is a classicin beef and mushroom gravy. This is my husband's all-time favorite meal. This recipe makes plenty gravy, so serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles. And goes great with a nice glass of wine.
Ingredients(serves 6)ready in 35 min.
- 1 pound
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons crushed buttery round cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms with juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cubes beef bouillon
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, cracker crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning using your hands. Shape into 6 patties about 1 inch thick.
- Fry the patties in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until browned. Drain off grease, and remove patties to a platter; keep warm.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet, and add the mushrooms. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over, and mix in until blended. Stir in the milk and beef bouillon. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth and starting to thicken. Return the patties to the gravy and cook over low heat, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.