Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day Two on the Road!

Day Two with the gang in Gatlinburg, Tennessee!

We had breakfast and then headed down to the main drag and shopped 'til we dropped.


















I had already made a few purchases--two T-shirts for Sam--when I was ready for a little breather.



















Willy needed a break too. He found a great resting place among the pansies.



















And then he took a ride on the Earthquake.



















After a dip in the fountain,


















And a ride on the ski lift,


















We found the perfect T-shirt for him, but it didn't come in his size.


















Then we stopped for lunch. We had a cute waiter, but Terri got him blushing by telling him I wanted my picture taken with him. We told him Terri was out of control and not to pay any attention to her. I had a Reuben sandwich and chips, which was very tasty, and the restaurant had a very interesting decor, as you can see. Weenie Man felt right at home.


















After lunch, we kept right on going. Got a massage in one of those water massager things, and bought some dark chocolate espresso coffee beans for Budley.

By then, my feet were killing me, so Angie and I went back to the hotel and took a dip in the hot tub. After a little rest, we went out to dinner at Calhoun's. They claim to have the best ribs in America, and I'm here to tell you, they aren't lyin'!



















And now, since it IS Tuesday, we need a recipe! I freely confess to having committed grand larceny, stealing these recipes from Mellanie Szereto's blog. She brought them both to our Sextet critique group meeting this past Saturday, and I totally pigged out on the Chicken Ranch Dip. It is AWESOME!!!! And the Artichoke Dip is fabulous too. She says she normally doubles both of the recipes, and trust me, it won't go to waste!

Chicken Ranch Dip

4 1/2 oz. can of white meat chicken or 2 chicken breast tenderloins, cooked and chopped
2 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
8 oz. cream cheese, softened (I use Neufchatel)
2 teaspoons ranch dressing mix (about 1/4 envelope)
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

Saute onion in margarine. Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Blend well. Transfer to oven-safe dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Serve with crackers or chips.

Artichoke Dip

1 can artichokes, drained and chopped
1 cup mayonnaise (I use light)
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Transfer to oven-safe dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Serve with crackers or chips.

11 comments:

  1. I can vouch for how great the dips are! Glad to see you and Willie are having such a great time, Cheryl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a great time ! Keep on blogging our trip, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Elizabeth. LOL! I'd be having a better time if I was in better shape. Yesterday nearly killed me!!!

    Suzie!!! Whoo hoo! You finally got Blogger to work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cheryl, looks like you and Willie are paintin' the town! Fun! Interesting hunk--he's...curved? Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Travel log. And Blow by Blow with Willy. Looks like he's having a blast. And you ladies too! Do the people look at you ladies strange? I'm so glad Willy wasn't hanging off the space needle in the first picture, working it in the breeze and screaming for dear life. "FREE WILLY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad everybody liked the dips. And that should've been loaded for BARE, Cheryl :D I doubt I'll see any scenery half as good on my hiking trip next month--well, except for the hubby :)

    LOVE the t-shirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Donna. We've tried to be discreet with Willy, and so far, nobody has caught us taking pictures with him, though Terri did tell one of the shop owners about it. He thought it was a hoot.

    @Mellanie. Nobody feels much like going out again today, so I'm going to make that chicken dip and have that along with some leftovers for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like Willy is keeping you very busy, Cheryl! Glad you are having a great time!

    The dips sound yummy! I can't wait to try them!

    That is the tree man hunk pic I love so much!
    Super hot! Good choice, Mellanie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am I the only one that noticed that first pic was of a phallic symbol. Cheryl, you are so creative. I loved the Where's Willy
    pics. I can see why Mellanie loves this hunk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Noelle. Willy never gets tired and never lets you down! I made the chicken dip tonight, but Mellanie's version was better.

    @Mary G. LOL! Leave it to me to be inspired to take a photograph by something phallic!

    ReplyDelete