To celebrate Mardi Gras, here's a sinfully delicious recipe from our own Diva Donna!
You want something special and easy for breakfast for your sexy beast on Fat Tuesday? This is it.
Belle Oaks Inn Pecan Orange Bread!
Pecan Orange Bread
- 1 can(s) pillsbury grands 8 ct. buttermilk biscuits
- 1 can(s) pillsbury grands 5 ct. buttermilk biscuits
- 1 c sugar
- 1 stk unsalted butter, melted
- 2 sm oranges
- 1/2 c confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 c pecans, chopped
- 1 pkg cream cheese
- 1 dash(es) orange extract
Directions1. Spray a large bundt pan liberally with non-stick spray. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Pour sugar into small bowl. Zest both oranges and add to sugar. Mix to combine. Reserve oranges to juice for glaze.
3. Melt butter. Pour a small amount of butter into the bundt pan and spread 1/2 the pecans in the bottom.
4. Open the cans of biscuits. Taking one biscuit at a time, open each biscuit and insert 1 tsp. of cream cheese into the center. Press to seal. Dip the biscuit in butter and then dip in sugar-orange zest mixture, coating entire biscuit. Stand biscuit in bundt pan on its side. Repeat with remaining biscuits, creating a circle around the bundt pan.5. Pour remaining butter over the biscuits and sprinkle remaining pecans on top.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until biscuits are puffed and golden.
7. Remove from oven and turn bread out from bundt pan onto desired serving platter.
8. Mix confectioner's sugar with the juice from the oranges to create a glaze. You may add a dash of orange extract if desired to intensify the orange flavor. Use as much juice as needed to create a glaze consistency you like. Drizzle glaze over bread while still warm.
9. Best when served warm, but can also be served at room temperature. Reheat in microwave for 30 seconds if desired.