Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tasty Tuesday Black Bean Mexican Soup!

I reckon there's still enough left of winter to want some nice, hot soup to keep you toasty, so here's a recipe I got from Linda Wisdom a while back.
Black Bean Mexican Soup

1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of whole kernel corn, drained (fresh or frozen corn can be used) (canned can be used to but lightly rinse them if they're salty)
1 C. salsa (your favorite kind)
2 C chicken broth
2 T lime (or lemon) juice
2 dashes (or more depending on your taste) hot sauce

Combine in pot (4 qt) bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer for 5 min.
Serve with a sprinkling of (optional but I highly recommend the first two)

Shredded cheddar cheese
Chopped green onion
Dollop of sour cream

Makes about 4 servings

10 comments:

  1. He does have nice eyes but I wouldn't have noticed them if I didn't have to scroll down lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess scrolling down is a good thing then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a cutie...

    Quick hijack, if I may, Cheryl. It's release day for RULE NUMBER ONE at http://www.bookstrand.com/rule-number-one. Hope you'll all stop by! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Nan!

    Very nice eyes...and tan lines :D

    Yummm, black beans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Covering my mouth, holding back my scream) It's snowing and This soup is perfect for today. And that's a perfect yummy doodle owned by beautiful blue eyes. Now I'm screaming: Latin Hunk William Levy will be on Dancing on the Stars starting March 19th. If you don't know who I'm talking about. Follow your nose down to Feb. 21st to my Orange Pecan Bread Recipe and sexy Willy Levy. Yeah Nan on your book release too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, Nelly! A Handsome Cock swinging in the trees, luckily at eye level. Don't mind if I do!

    STUD has arrived, thank you Cheryl!

    Donna, are we gonna get to see those abs on TV? More?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn! I might actually have to watch that show!

    You're welcome, Alicia! Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Black Bean Mexican Soup sounds perfect!

    HA...man hunk in a tree. Now that would be a hell of a scavenger hunt:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummm! I really like this guy. Can't wait to see more on DWTS. Some of those men on that show can reeeeally move. Like Derek Hough!

    Soup sounds yummy, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could really get into a scavenger hunt like that!

    ReplyDelete