First off, the recipe:
MEXICAN CHICKEN KABOBS
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 onion, cut into wedges and separated
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- In a shallow dish, mix together olive oil, cumin, chopped cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken, and mix well. Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Thread chicken, zucchini, onion, red bell pepper, and tomatoes onto skewers.
- Brush grill with oil, and arrange skewers on hot grate. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, turning to cook evenly.
Footnote: you have to provide your own skewers!!
And now, the Birthday Party for Elizabeth Raines!
Wow! Two birthdays this week!
Since I've already used them for Lisa's birthday, I hope Elizabeth doesn't mind that I didn't give her the Birthday Buns. Still, I'm sure she'll have fun popping the balloon!
Happy Birthday, Elizabeth!
Me and my hospital gang are leaving for Dale Hollow Lake this morning. Will try to check in later if Suzie's internet phone wifi thingy works.
I am SO looking forward to this trip! Drifting on the lake has been sounding really good for some time now. I usually get too cold laying out on the lake on my float, but something tells me that won't be a problem this year.