Here's another great recipe from our own Diva Donna that I plan to make later this week. Talk about procrastination... It's only been in my files since January of 2012!
Bean and Honey Burrito HOTDISH serves 8
- 1 1/2 cups cooked yellow rice
- 1 serving cooking spray
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Prepare yellow rice as directed on package; reserve 1 1/2 cups. Refrigerate any remaining rice for another use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Line bottom of baking dish with 4 tortillas. To make the honey sauce, whisk together the mustard, sour cream, and 1/3 cup honey in a small bowl. Combine the red pepper, green pepper, garbanzo beans, black beans, and corn in a large bowl. Scoop out 1/2 cup of the bean mixture and reserve for topping.
- Stir the chicken, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, cumin, yellow rice, and honey sauce into the bean mixture. Mix well. Pour mixture into the baking dish. Top with 4 tortillas; sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, and the reserved 1/2 cup bean mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until hot and bubbly, 30 to 45 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil if top browns excessively. Remove from oven, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of honey.