Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tasty Tuesday Pimento Cheese!

Once upon a time, there was a brand of pimento cheese that I absolutely loved. It was slightly oily rather than mayonnaise-based, the cheese was finely chopped, and it wasn't the least bit sweet. Alas, I haven't been able to find it in years and can't recall the name, but with a slice of Lebanon bologna, it was heaven on a sandwich. Since then, I've tried other brands and have always been disappointed. They're either too sweet or downright tasteless.

Lately, I've taken to making my own. Someday I'm going to try making an oil-based version, but this is probably healthier--if pimento cheese could ever be called that. Since I tend not to do much measuring, these amounts are approximate.

Cat Master Pimento Cheese


Ingredients

1/4 cup REAL mayonnaise
1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
2 oz jar of chopped pimentos, drained
4 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 1/2 tsp of a salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder mixture (I mix my own with equal parts of each)

Mix all together and enjoy with the hungry hunk of your choice!

4 comments:

  1. Love the recipe. And a great place to hang the bagels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! Bagel ring toss. Isn't this Jimmy Thomas's face photoshopped to t this body with the ring tossing cock? We always buy Kraft Pimento cheese spread. I love that stuff. And the extra sharp cheddar. I think we need to spread some of that on this guy. He seems a bit bound up. Maybe he'd prefer some prunes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll feed it to this guy after I finish eating... him! Lots of Bologna, and don't hold the mayo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dunno. Looks too big to fit a bagel on it. Maybe if you made the hole bigger...

    Doesn't look like Jimmy to me. But then, who's looking at his face?

    Chow down, Alicia!

    ReplyDelete