Who would think to make a Pizza Pork Chop? Well I have so many tomatoes and herbs right Now!! Why not? I love pizza. So without the crust. I think of Chops and Chaps I think of Cowboys. This cowboy just has so much possibilities. I love the V pointing down the furred trail to............. his pork chop on a stick. And just a small tug on his Wranglers and we'll know which direction the winds blows.
- 5 boneless pork chops
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 5 slices tomato (1/2-inch thick)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Season the pork chops with salt and black pepper and arrange in the bottom of a disposable aluminum pan; top each with a tomato slice. Divide the basil, oregano, and garlic between the pork chops; drizzle with the olive oil. Cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Cook on the preheated grill until the pork is no longer pink in the center, about 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Remove the pan from the grill; top each pork chop with a slice of mozzarella cheese, replace the aluminum foil over the pan, and wait until the cheese melts, 3 to 5 minutes, before serving.