Hello! This is one of my hub's favorite recipes. I've made it for a long time. And he keeps asking for it over and over. Not sick of it yet. Serve with French bread to mop up every drop!Or just add a hunk to do the work!
CHICKEN PIERRE(serves 6)
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a shallow dish or bowl, combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper. Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown chicken on all sides. Remove from skillet, and drain on paper towels.
- In the same skillet, combine the tomatoes, water, brown sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt, chili powder, mustard, celery seed, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and return chicken to skillet. Cover, and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is tender, no longer pink and juices run clear.