Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Another Wednesday without a whopper...

I checked into getting "legal" pictures for the blog. Let me tell you, it's a jungle out there--almost enough to make me give up and go back to posting pictures just like I've always done. Either that, or I'm gonna become a photographer. A lawyer told me that posting the eye candy probably won't get me in trouble, but I know if I do, this blog will wind up feeding into that XXX site again. I'm sure you're all tired of hearing this, but we may have to go forward pictureless, unless I'm the one behind the camera.

That being said, I seriously doubt I'll be photographing any whoppers--at least, not the kind you're used to seeing here on a Wednesday.


I picked some peppers yesterday and made pickled peppers for the first time since 2004. The reason I know it's been that long is because I still have two jars left from that last batch. Dunno why I stopped eating them because they're really good. Might be that I simply forgot about them until I had to clean out the storage room for the new furnace. I found all sorts of things in there that I'd forgotten about. Then again, 2004 was the year I started writing with the intention of making it my new career. Hmm....

There's something very satisfying about growing peppers--so smooth, shiny, and colorful. And then there's the shape, which is sort of phallic. Interesting....
So here are today's whoppers. Sorry. It's the best I can do for now.


 I plan to pick the basil and make pesto today. Isn't that exciting??????

Yeah. I know. It's boring. Just like my life without the hunks. Okay. I'll shut up now. This has me so bummed...

9 comments:

  1. Your life is NOT boring!! Sure, we liked the eye candy. But we LOVE you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, Sandy. You KNOW I can't compete with the eye candy. Banana peppers--even the big ones--can't, either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think your life is boring either. LOL. I enjoy your blog posts period!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! What Sandy said!! You have a wondrous life and I love hearing about the farm and the critters and all you're doing. Hunks were nice, but YOU are better! Buck up, partner...the sun is shining, the garden is producing, and hey, could you tell me how to make pickled peppers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Ladies! I'll try not to gripe too much. I'll post my pepper recipe in a few weeks, Nan. I tried something different this time, and I want to see how they turn out before I share the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can pick a peck of pickled peppers and pretend they're small peckers. I have three hanging. I could photograph for you. I just love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, ladies! You should be in my kitchen today. The pesto is primo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think pickled peckers is kind of interesting myself.

    ReplyDelete