Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tasty Tuesday Chocolate Cherry Cake!

First of all...

Happy Birthday, Ana! 

Sorry there aren't any balloons or buns, but I do have a good birthday recipe to share. I tried it out after having a piece of this cake at a restaurant, but I've only made it once and didn't take a picture. Basically, you substitute the water and oil the cake mix calls for with a can of cherry pie filling. It's incredibly good and moist!

Chocolate Cherry Cake

1 box chocolate cake mix
1 can cherry pie filling
2 eggs
I noticed some other versions calling for a tsp of either vanilla extract or almond extract. You can add it if you like, but I'm not sure it needs it.

Mix by hand and pour into a greased and floured 9 X 13 pan. Bake at 350 for 30-35 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Frost when cooled. I used chocolate icing, but I'm thinking cream cheese would be incredibly good on this.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. That cake recipe looks amazing, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Ana! Me and my buddies had lunch at a restaurant in E-town on the way home from the lake last summer. I had that cake, and they both had cobbler. They kept going on about how the cobbler wasn't all that good. I told them repeatedly that the cake was awesome. They never tried a single bite of it. Their loss. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday ANA! What we couldn't even have birthday buns today!! I made that cake. YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I promise to look into the picture issue soon, Donna. Just haven't had the time. :(

    ReplyDelete