Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tasty Tuesday Beefy Jalapeno Cornbread!

Today's recipe courtesy of Tanya!

Cheryl, thought your bloggers might like this recipe. It has been in my family for years. It's one of our favorites. I don't think you have posted one like it before. We usually cook a pot of pinto beans to go with it and I put the jalapenos on top. My husband likes the flavor, but not the actual jalapeno. This way he can take them off. Hope you enjoy it. Tanya

BEEFY JALAPENO CORNBREAD

Ingredients:
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. soda
1/2 cup oil
1 (17 oz) can cream style corn
1 lb. ground beef
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 onion, chopped
4 to 5 jalapeno peppers, chopped

Directions:
Combine corn meal, milk, eggs, salt, soda, oil and corn in a mixing bowl; blend well and set aside. Saute beef until lightly browned; drain thoroughly and set aside.

Pour half of the cornmeal batter into a greased 13 X 9 pan and sprinkle with cheese. Crumble beef over cheese and sprinkle with onion and peppers. Pour remaining cornmeal batter over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or longer until browned.

I'm heading to Atlanta for the RWA National Conference. Hope to see some of you there!

2 comments:

  1. I love cornbread!! I've never had Beefy Jalapeno Cornbread. Why not add a little Spice. We made Beer Butt Chicken yesterday with a side of Cornbread. This would have given it a kick. I hope you have lots of Fun Cheryl. I wish just once a Conference came to a location nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. That every three years in New York thing is a bit of a pisser. But I'm here in Atlanta, and so far, so good!

    ReplyDelete